Central Virginia Training Center Cemetery

Established 1911

Dedicated to those whose lives and care we held in trust.

"As seedlings of God, we barely blossom on earth; we fully flower in heaven."

Since its creation, the facility has maintained a six acre cemetery on grounds.  The first recorded burial,  that of a 16 year old boy,  took place on June 27, 1911, a little over one month after the first patients were admitted.  Over 1000 individuals are interred in the cemetery.  Most interments were of  the men, women and children who lived at the facility.  One such grave is that of a facility resident who was a Confederate veteran, having served as a private with Co. F, 37th VA Infantry.  A few graves, however, hold clients of other state facilities and one grave is marked "Unknown."  CVTC maintains a complete record of all burials that includes grave number, name, date of birth and date of death.  To request access to the cemetery grounds, please contact CVTC Security in advance at 434-947-6552.